How often do you check the state of your gutters or down-pipes?
If you do so infrequently, or worse – never – then you could be in danger of your insurance policy being void. Chances are, maintenance of your gutters and down-pipes needs to become a much bigger priority for you than they currently are. Why? Because if these essential rainwater removal systems become blocked with leaves or other debris, then it can damage the fabric of the building or lead to damaging water ingress.
Why could your home insurance be void in the event of damaged caused by a blocked gutter or drain?
“Property Insurance is designed to indemnify for any losses or damage directly caused by the insured perils specified in the policy. Normal wear and tear is a specific exclusion of most insurance contracts and many claims are rejected on the basis that damage was more directly caused by poor maintenance rather than by an insured peril. Insurance should never be seen as an alternative to good risk management.
Routine, ongoing and preventative maintenance will not only help keep a property in a good state of repair but will also help make a property more resilient to potential losses. Neglecting routine building maintenance will often result in the need for costly and more disruptive remedial work.”
“If your home is damaged from water overflowing from a blocked gutter, your insurer may turn down a claim because you should have kept your gutters clear.”
“Poor upkeep could also seriously affect your claim if the insurer decides that maintenance would have prevented the problem from occurring. That’s why you need to keep your home in tiptop shape, giving it a full MOT after the winter months especially, checking for blocked gutters and loose tiles on the roof.”
Contact – THLCO EXTERIOR CLEANING to book your free gutter clearance quote today.
Dirty – Gutters| Fascia| UPVC | Windows
Dirty Gutter Soffit Fascia Soffit UPVC Durham UK THLCO
Its that time of year again where, gutters are needed to function correctly, i.e allow rain water to flow freely through and drain via the down pipe.
The warm weather of summer 2018 has unfortunately come to an end.
Even though we are in Autumn if your external gutter, fascia, soffit, down pipes, UPVC windows are showing signs of a buildup of algae or dirt then they need to be cleaned.
Why do I need to clean my? – Dirty Gutter fascia soffit UPVC windows.
What forms over time when left dirty on UVPC is what is commonly known as tiger stripes –
Dark, vertical streaks, commonly found on the outsides of gutters, window frames, UVPC doors, are known in the industry as tiger stripes.
(An example of how UPVC is effected by tiger stripes and the permanent stains created when never cleaned)
They are a consequence of the buildup of dirt, grime, algae and pollution on the plastic.
When this substance gets wet, it tends to trickle down the outside of the UVPC and overtime these tiger stripes when left leave a permanent stripe on the UPVC plastic which cannot be removed.
The solution when this happens is to replace all the guttering, soffit, fascia, UVPC windows or doors, whatever has been effected. This is a very expensive cost.
When you compare the cost of UVPC replacement on your property compared with an scheduled annual UVPC plastic clean for your property the cost is very minimal in comparison.
THLCO Ferryhill Durham Cleaning Services operate throughout County Durham UK, servicing residential and commercial properties. We offer a range of exterior cleaning services aimed at tiger stripe prevention to your properties UVPC fittings.
Call THLCO Ferryhill Durham Cleaning Services today to book an appointment. In most instances you will not need to be at home for the site visit to take place. As this is external cleaning for your property, we just need to view the property to be able to provide you with a quote.
Once your property has been viewed you will receive a no obligation quote via smartphone text or email or letter. Should you wish the work to go ahead then all you need to do is respond to the message and THLCO Ferryhill Durham Cleaning Services will schedule an appointment that works well with you.
Please note – We have the capability to bring power to your site with our Honda generator.
- Industrial purposes of deionized water can never be refuted.
- It claims extensive application in the semiconductor industry as it is used during processing and cleaning of materials like silicon wafers.
- The optics industry also relies on this type of highly pure water, since optical surfaces are supposed to be extremely clean as a requirement for coating.
- Laboratory glassware’s are rinsed in DI water as tap water is never recommended for this purpose.
- Water that is devoid of ions is also used in car wash shops. Many super car companies use this type of water during final preparation for when the motor vehicles are presented to their clients.
- It is very suitable and is in fact used in window cleaning.
- The efficacy of this pure water as a cleaning agent is due to its aggressiveness as a solvent, since water that contains no dissolved ions will tend to draw ions or solutes from the surroundings and surfaces.
- This means no spots or stains is left on surfaces.
Every year from June through till mid September, people realise just how dirty their windows are. The reasons for this could be for any of the following explanations:
- Days are longer so you notice the windows more
- People entertain guests more at this time of year outdoors, gardens/patios areas are where guests tend to be entertained.
- It’s a very busy time of year for estate agents selling property. ‘The photographer is coming this week!’ is common occurrence for people selling property. Lets face it potential buyers spend a lot of time driving past potential properties before they book an appointment to view. A property that is well looked after externally plays a strong role in improving your chance of selling the property.
- Bugs go crazy at this time of year, often marking insides and outsides of the windows, fascia’s and soffits.
THLCO Ferryhill Durham is here to help you improve all aspects of cleaning the external parts of your property. Driveway/patio cleaning, fascia/soffit cleaning or window cleaning, we are here to help.
Get in touch today and book your free quote.
THLCO FERRYHILL DURHAM CLEANING SERVICES – due to demand from our industrial clients and our residential landlord property maintenance clientele – we have now added a – Honda GX380 Generator from – Harrington Generators International LTD – to our equipment stock.
To make sure we offer our clients the best possible service, we use where possible – Honda industrial equipment due to its reliability and its reputation for getting the job done first time every time.
This unit allows us to power our equipment at your site should there be no access to power or if you are not able to be at the property when work has been scheduled.
With winter almost drawing to an end THLCO Ferryhill Durham Cleaning Services is now seeing a large volume of interest from commercial and residential clients with regards to bookings relating to driveway & patio cleaning. We are currently taking bookings from all over the region – Durham to Darlington to Stockton on Tees and all of the surrounding towns and villages.
Our aim at THLCO is to provide you with the highest level of customer service when we carry out any work at your property. Safety of our clients, the general public and our staff members is our number one priority while making sure the task we have been assigned to complete is carried out to the highest level.
At THLCO our promise to you, is make sure all works carried out at your property is carried using the best and most up to date equipment. All work will carried out at your property will be completed using industrial grade equipment.
The reason for THLCO utilizes industrial grade equipment is because themachinery gets the job done to the highest possible standard in comparison to what can be achieved using DIY store equipment, in a fraction of the time which it would take using DIY equipment.
THLCO quickly and efficiently gets the job done first time every time. With the 2018 pressure-washing season commencing now, customers want pristine driveways and patios to enjoy the summer months we have now upgraded another piece of equipment to ensure we have the capability of completing your requirements whether it is a car dealership forecourt or a patio/driveway or concrete pathway.
This Dual Pumps Evolution 2 model that THLCO Ferryhill Durham Cleaning Services have just acquired, is powered by an ultra reliable and powerful Honda GX390 engine, fitted with a 2:1 gearbox & 1450 rpm Interpump plunger pump. This 4000psi pressure washer has a flow rate of 21 lpm, an outstanding combination of high performance & reliability.
Its very important that any high powered equipment used on your property is properly maintained and serviced as per manufacturer service schedule as if not looked after correctly, the equipment is a potential fire hazard.
THLCO’s promise to our clients is to ensure we use brand new equipment, which is continually monitored by our asset department to make sure the equipment is correctly maintained and serviced.
At THLCO we strive to give our customers the highest level of customer care and high standard of service delivery every time, we complete work at your property.
To make this possible we only use global leading brands of industrial cleaning equipment.
At THLCO we took delivery of our latest piece of equipment delivered from Italy – Elsea Titan Industrial Gutter Vacuum.
This new vacuum with industry leading technology is capable of delivering very quick results due to its high-powered motors and capability of clearing the largest vegetation growth from gutter systems.
The Titan went straight into work this week, where its first job was working at commercial premises in Darlington, clearing the guttering system, which had not been cleaned for over ten years.
Normally this would be a job for a cherry picker or scaffolding but due to utilizing the Elsea Titan and poling system all of the hard to reach gutter system was cleared safely from the ground, even though some of the vegetation growth was extremely large.
By using the Titan for this job, the commercial impact was that the site was fully operational in a very short space of time as the vacuum was able to remove all debris very quickly and efficiently.
THLCO recommend having your gutters cleaned at least once per year.
Please get in touch today to arrange your free site visit and no obligation quote.
In North East England along with other parts of the country your home is constantly exposed to harsh weather conditions. Everyday your homes surfaces are attacked causing them to degrade, discolour and oxidize. The end result your property will lose value and it won’t look as good as it potentially could.
The worst natural elements attacking your home include – ultraviolet light rays, rain, wind, dirt, algae and grime. To add to this – nature takes its toll with insects, birds, spiders also leave their mark on your house. Man-made marks such as car exhaust emissions, smoke from your barbeque can create a need for your home to have some exterior cleaning.
The benefits of exterior cleaning your property –
It will help uphold the value of your property
Pressure washing is the most affordable way to maintain or increase the value of your property.
It will maintain the beauty of your home
If you’re considering selling your house in the near future then increasing the curb appeal by power washing. Removing mildew/mould could possibly increase the number of people putting in offers.
Remove spiders and cobwebs around the house
You might notice cobwebs accumulating around windows, under guttering, soffit, gable ends. THLCO can remove all spiders and cobwebs from the exterior of your home. Even if your spiders are not a hazard to humans, it’s never a nice feeling to walk through a cobweb.
Feel proud about your home
Feeling great about your home will make you overall feel happier about your life and what you’ve achieved. Having a cleaned, well-maintained house dramatically increases your mood and the way you feel about yourself.
Stop your property from losing value
If you leave the exterior cleaning of your property too long, it could require a lot of extra money to bring it back its former glory. A yearly visit from THLCO can dramatically improve the exterior of your home. There are many factors to consider how regularly you should maintain the exterior of your property such as location to trees.
Protect your family’s health.
Leaving the exterior cleaning of your home too long, can affect your family’s good health due to exposure to mildew, mould, dirt, and algae. The longer it sits there, the more threatening it is for your family. It’s not a bad idea to regularly clean your driveway, porch, patio, roof, and walkway for these reasons.
So whether you’re thinking of selling a property or cleaning your house for preventative measures it is worth giving your home a thorough clean externally to maximize the sale price or the longevity and personal enjoyment of your home. Call THLCO Cleaning Services today and sit back and let us clean the exterior of your home.
- BEGIN OUTSIDE YOUR PROPERTY: No doubt at this time of year in County Durham you have probably spent a great deal of time clearing your concrete/paved yards from leaves so please don’t forget your gutters! It’s always important to clear your gutters of debris and always check the downspouts. With the predicted freeze that is on the way – disconnect your garden hose and drain the water out to avoid frozen pipes! Patio furniture, jet-wash them down before storing it away for the winter.
- CLEAN YOUR WINDOWS: Wash your windows internally and externally. Chances are they will have accumulated a lot of dust/grime from the summer and autumn. By increasing the light from clean windows into your property it will make the winter days a bit more enjoyable. The added daylight into your home can help the inside of your property feel warmer.
- FIREPLACE/CHIMNEY CHECK: Have a professional clean and inspect the fireplace and chimney so you can safely enjoy a warm fire.
- CARPET CLEAN: Schedule a professional carpet cleaning service. You spent all summer and autumn bringing in dirt. Now is a great time to give the carpet a fresh cleaning, it can also improve the indoor air quality in your home.
- HEATER SERVICE: Depending on what type of heater you use for your home, call in a professional to give it a service to make sure it will keep you warm and free of any emissions during the winter. A tuned up combi boiler can help lower your utility and fuel bills over the winter months.
For help with your winter home cleaning please check out our pages detailed in the menu bar.