- BEGIN OUTSIDE YOUR PROPERTY: No doubt at this time of year in County Durham you have probably spent a great deal of time clearing your concrete/paved yards from leaves so please don’t forget your gutters! It’s always important to clear your gutters of debris and always check the downspouts. With the predicted freeze that is on the way – disconnect your garden hose and drain the water out to avoid frozen pipes! Patio furniture, jet-wash them down before storing it away for the winter.
- CLEAN YOUR WINDOWS: Wash your windows internally and externally. Chances are they will have accumulated a lot of dust/grime from the summer and autumn. By increasing the light from clean windows into your property it will make the winter days a bit more enjoyable. The added daylight into your home can help the inside of your property feel warmer.
- FIREPLACE/CHIMNEY CHECK: Have a professional clean and inspect the fireplace and chimney so you can safely enjoy a warm fire.
- CARPET CLEAN: Schedule a professional carpet cleaning service. You spent all summer and autumn bringing in dirt. Now is a great time to give the carpet a fresh cleaning, it can also improve the indoor air quality in your home.
- HEATER SERVICE: Depending on what type of heater you use for your home, call in a professional to give it a service to make sure it will keep you warm and free of any emissions during the winter. A tuned up combi boiler can help lower your utility and fuel bills over the winter months.
For help with your winter home cleaning please check out our pages detailed in the menu bar.